The Drain 27 Wetland Restoration project is located just south of Fargo, North Dakota, near Horace. The purpose of the project is to mitigate wetland impacts caused by construction of the FMM Area Flood Risk Management Project.
This project consists of the following tasks:
- Extensive excavation to create a large wetland
- Excavation of a borrow ditch
- Construction of an earthen embankment with a lower sheet pile and H-pile weirs segment in the middle of the embankment and a low flow pipe through the embankment
- Removal of roads and utilities
- Construction of a permanent access road