JOB POSITION: TRUCKING FOREMAN
Park Construction Company is a Minnesota contractor specializing in construction planning, surveying and site development for transportation, heavy industrial, utilities and commercial markets. We are currently taking applications to fill our full-time Trucking Foreman position that will report directly to our Fleet Manager. This person will be accountable for supporting projects, productivity, and efficient trucking functions for the various divisions within Park Construction and Park Avenue Trucking.
Essential Duties & Position Responsibilities
- Ensures Annual Truck Utilization
- Enforces and insists on the highest level of adherence to Park Construction’s and Park Avenue Trucking Safety Program.
- Manages Drivers Daily Duties to include preventive maintenance such as:
- Grease every 10 hours
- Check fluids daily
- Inspect trucks daily
- Keep lights clean
- Keep cab clean
- Enforces DOT laws and ensures all drivers complete required documentation accurately and timely:
- Daily inspections
- Fuel/Mileage reports
- Hour meter reporting
- Communicate with General and Project Superintendents, Safety Director, Project Managers and Job Foremen.
- Reconciliation of trucking costs.
- Serves as Single-Point-of-Contact for all trucking activities (excluding Contract Haul):
- Contract Hauls
- Coaches drivers to help them improve their skills and performance; uses a constructive approach when recommending changes or actions to others.
- Informs General Superintendents of trucks no longer needed.
- Establishes daily time frame for truck orders.
- Immediately communicates short-fall issues with Project and General Superintendent, prior to Daily Dispatch.
- Informs Fleet Manager of trucks in need of repair.
- Can be depended on to be at the Project sites when required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- CDL Holder.
- 5-6 years’ highway heavy industry or construction trucking experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal communication and training skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize projects to meet required deadlines.
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and take initiative to address them.
- Actively participates in self-improvement programs to enhance technical and leadership skills.
- Demands the highest levels of care from Drivers when they are operating trucks and tools.
- Establishes standards, Leeds by example.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment as well as individually.
- Ability to work in a field environment, to include physical activities such as lifting, bending, climbing and confined space entry.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment alcohol/drug screen; and have a valid driver license and a good driving record.
Park offers an excellent salary, benefit package, and promotion opportunities available to the qualified candidates.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Park Construction is an EEO/AA Employer. Park Construction encourage Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities to apply. Park Construction intends to make reasonable accommodations for qualified job applicants and employees with disabilities.