Job Position: Superintendent – Western Division
Park Construction Company, a regional Highway/Heavy contractor established in Minneapolis, is searching for a full-time experienced Superintendent for our Western Division. Park works throughout the Midwest. The right person will demonstrate a high safety standard, and ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Participate in preconstruction planning regarding project schedules and budgets.
- Ensure a complete knowledge and understanding of all contract drawings, specifications, addenda, RFIs (requests for information) and any other job-related contracts and information for each project.
- Job site setup and startup to include safety posting and procedures, security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment, and manpower.
- Opening the job site at beginning of the day and securing the job site at the end of the day.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the job site.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
- Lead through example in all areas of safety and compliance; comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels.
- Shall supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors on a daily basis.
- Oversee field‐related training programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10 years’ or more of construction experience preferably in Highway Heavy.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role (Foreman or Superintendent).
- An Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering is preferred.
- Strong leadership and planning skills.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to schedule, estimate and write contracts.
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Desire to be a part of a team. Understanding of working toward a common goal.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook), Construction Data Management Software such as HCSS Heavy Job, Scheduling Software and Bidding Software such as HCSS Heavy Bid.
- OSHA Training, CPR/First Aid Certification, and LEED training encouraged.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and self-improvement.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret Construction Plans and Specifications.
Park offers an excellent salary, benefit package, and promotion opportunities available to the qualified candidates.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Park Construction Company is an EEO/AA Employer. Park Construction encourage Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities to apply. Park Construction intends to make reasonable accommodations for qualified job applicants and employees with disabilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.