JOB POSITION: SAFETY COORDINATOR – ENTRY LEVEL
This position will report directly to the Safety Director and will assist in maintaining the Company’s successful and comprehensive programs related to safety, risk management, loss prevention and control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Train and monitor construction crews working on project sites, address safety concerns, and enforce company safety, DOT and risk management policies.
- Inspect job sites for compliance with OSHA, DOT and company requirements.
- Conduct weekly Toolbox and Job Hazard Analysis assessments.
- Coordinate weekly safety meetings for the company’s field employees.
- Collect, maintain and track safety documentation from field employees.
- Assist in accident prevention, reporting and investigations.
- Keep current with latest applicable technology and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by the Safety Director.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- College degree in Health and Safety preferred.
- 2-5 years’ field construction safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of OSHA 1926 standards.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize projects to meet required deadlines.
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication and training skills.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and take initiative to address them.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment as well as individually.
- Ability to work in a field environment, to include physical activities such as lifting, bending, climbing and confined space entry.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment alcohol and drug screening.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Park Construction is an EEO/AA Employer. Park Construction encourage Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities to apply. Park Construction intends to make reasonable accommodations for qualified job applicants and employees with disabilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.