Job Position: Project Superintendent – Commercial Division
Park Construction Company, a regional Highway/Heavy contractor established in Minneapolis, is searching for a full-time experienced Superintendent withing our Commercial Division. Park works throughout the Midwest. The right person will demonstrate a high safety standard, and ability to work in a team environment.
The Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day operations and the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes. The Superintendent is expected to lead crew production, project schedule, quality control, cost management, and safety for job site. Teaming with the Estimator, Project Manager, General Superintendent on construction cycle of job is critical.
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Participate in preconstruction planning regarding project schedules and budgets.
- Ensure a complete knowledge and understanding of all contract drawings, specifications, addenda, RFIs (requests for information) and any other job-related contracts and information for each project.
- Job site setup and startup to include safety posting and procedures, security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment, and manpower.
- Opening the job site at beginning of the day and securing the job site at the end of the day.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the job site.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Enter production quantities, employee time, equipment usage into field management software daily.
- Ensure compliance with company equipment protocol, inspections, maintenance request, and usage reporting.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
- Lead through example in all areas of safety and compliance; comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels.
- Shall supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors daily.
- OSHA 30 Training Certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in Supervisory role.
- 5+ years’ experience in safe work practices of building demolition, excavation, site grading, foundation excavation and back fill, and finish grading of private and public site work projects.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret Construction Plans and Specifications.
- Ability to layout, stake, measure the work to be placed (GPS experience preferred).
- Strong leadership and planning skills. Ability to mentor, train, and develop crew members.
- Strong site management skills including the ability to schedule, coordinate self-performed and subcontractor tasks.
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. Self-starter, quick to learn.
- Ability to take on job assignments out of town and out of state.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Desire to be a part of a team. Understanding of working toward a common goal.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook), Construction Data Management Software such as HCSS Heavy Job, and Scheduling Software.
- OSHA Training, CPR/First Aid Certification, HAZWOPER training encouraged.
- Construction Stormwater Site Management certification preferred.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and self-improvement.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Park Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer