JOB POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER
Park Construction Company, a regional Highway/Heavy contractor established in Minneapolis, is searching for a full-time experienced Project Manager.
Park works throughout the Midwest with a large portion of work in North Dakota. The right person will demonstrate a high safety standard and ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Position Responsibilities
- Obtain plans for bidding.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned projects.
- Represent the company in project meetings, project negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Identify and contact potential sub-contractors.
- Accurately project the cost of the bid.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee, billings, payment, subcontractor, income/expenses, value engineering, etc.) to protect company’s interest and relationship with the customer.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
- Authorize/approve all project transactions, billings, subcontractor requisitions, material purchases, change requests, etc.
- Take full responsibility for project management to ensure a successful outcome for customers and the company.
- Maintain high level of service and quality upon which our business has been built.
- Manages costs by tracking labor and materials.
- Manages billing, with Project Coordinators, to ensure accuracy of invoicing, preparation of payables, accounts receivable collections, approval of accounts payable in a timely manner and management of over/under billing on a monthly basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering and minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction leadership or 10 years progressive trade experience including 5 years’ experience in construction leadership.
- Strong leadership and planning skills.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to schedule, estimate and write contracts.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Construction Data Management Software such as HCSS Heavy Job, Scheduling Software and Bidding Software such as HCSS Heavy Bid.
- Proficient in Accounting principles and software such as VISTA.
- Knowledge of the Construction Plans and Specifications.
Park Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer