JOB POSITION: ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER
Park Construction Company, a regional Highway/Heavy contractor established in Minneapolis, is searching for a full-time experienced Project Manager.
Park works throughout the Midwest. The right person will demonstrate a high safety standard and ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Position Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the entire estimating effort to assigned bids.
- Download, file, print, scan, organize, and maintain bid documents.
- Maintain and follow bid calendar.
- Attend weekly bid schedule meetings.
- Complete site visits and attend prebid meetings as necessary. Deliver bids when required.
- Communicate bid needs with clients, engineers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Review bid documents to determine bid scope/items.
- Understand and apply all required company and federal safety regulations and policies in the work approach and estimate.
- Prepare and submit Requests for Information or Clarification.
- Solicit, review, and select vendors and subcontractors.
- Review geo-technical reports, specifications and drawings. Ensure bid conformance with bid documents and local regulations.
- Perform detailed and accurate quantity takeoffs for project estimates, change orders, and pricing options.
- Work with senior management, estimators, project managers, and field superintendents to identify advantages and the most effective means and methods to build the job.
- Understand and embrace teamwork, partnership, and the best value approach.
- Represent the company in project meetings, project negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Assist Project Manager with all aspects of the project from start to completion and closeout.
- Accurately project and forecast the cost of work to be completed on active projects.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
- Authorize/approve project transactions, billings, subcontractor requisitions, material purchases, change requests, etc.
- Take responsibility for project management to ensure a successful outcome for customers and the company.
- Maintain high level of service, safety, quality, and integrity upon which our business has been built.
- Manages costs by tracking labor and materials.
- Manages billing, with Project Coordinators, to ensure accuracy of invoicing, preparation of payables, accounts receivable collections, approval of accounts payable in a timely manner and management of over/under billing on a monthly basis.
- Prepare, submit, maintain, and file required project documents (RFI’s, Change Orders, Submittals, Purchase Orders, Subcontracts, etc.). Manage document control.
- Embrace, support, and uphold Park Construction’s policies and guidelines.
- Foster, create, and uphold client relationships.
- Reports to Division Manager. Takes work assignments from Project Managers and Estimators as necessary.
- Perform additional assignments per managements direction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction leadership.
- Strong leadership and planning skills.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to schedule, estimate and write contracts.
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Desire to be a part of a team. Understanding of working toward a common goal.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook), Construction Data Management Software such as HCSS Heavy Job, Scheduling Software and Bidding Software such as HCSS Heavy Bid.
- Understanding of accounting principles and software such as VISTA.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and self-improvement.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret Construction Plans and Specifications.
Park offers an excellent salary, benefit package, and promotion opportunities available to the qualified candidates.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Park Construction is an EEO/AA Employer. Park Construction encourage Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities to apply. Park Construction intends to make reasonable accommodations for qualified job applicants and employees with disabilities.