Job Position: Project Engineer – North Dakota
Park Construction Company, a regional Highway/Heavy contractor established in Minneapolis, is searching for a full-time experienced Project Engineer.
Park works throughout the Midwest with a large portion of work in North Dakota. The right person will demonstrate a high safety standard and ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Position Responsibilities
- Project Manager’s representative on site.
- Reviews the plans and financial projections for the job to ensure that they are accurate and reasonable on a day to day basis.
- Manages project schedules and works with subcontractors to assure the work is done properly and on time.
- Responsible for accurately validating and /or entering data into Park Field Management System (HCSS Heavy Job).
- Responsible for the management of the Project’s Storm Water Pollution Prevention Program (SWPPP).
- Responsible for implementing the company’s Quality Control Program to ensure all of the project’s specification requirements are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for the implementation of the project site specific safety program to include conducting daily and weekly safety meetings, conducting daily, weekly and monthly safety audits, accident investigation and new hire safety orientation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or at least seven years of construction experience as a Quality Control Manager and/or foreman or superintendent or a combination of the both education and experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Capability to multi-task (phones and computer work).
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Construction Data Management Software such as HCSS Heavy Job, Scheduling Software and Bidding Software such as HCSS Heavy Bid.
- Proficient in Accounting principles and software such as VISTA.
- Knowledge of the Construction Plans and Specifications.
- Knowledge of the laws pertaining to Storm Water Management.
- Knowledge of the Quality Control Principles used in the Construction Industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA Construction Safety Standards.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare bid proposals with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to accurately analyze construction data to determine adverse production trends that are affecting the projects productivity and/or costs
- Ability to lead and train new employees.
- Ability to spot and correct adverse safety trends.
Park Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer