JOB POSITION: ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER – ASPHALT PAVING DIVISION
This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of Park Construction projects, with an emphasis on Asphalt Paving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret plans and specifications, in preparation for bid submittal.
- Prepare bid submittal costs using HCSS Heavy Bid.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility and risks.
- Manage daily project costs using Heavy Job.
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure project profitability.
- Facilitate job hand-off with Field Operations.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, inspectors.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Manage projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- College or technical education preferred.
- 3 years previous experience in bidding, estimating, project coordination or field management preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in paving, dirt, and grading with proven track record.
- Asphalt Paving experience.
- Must possess strong organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Progressive project experience within public and heavy civil markets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction in paving, utility, concrete and grading practices.
- Knowledge of MnDOT Specifications
- Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
- Competitive base salary
- Company Vehicle
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
Park Construction is an EEO/AA Employer. Park Construction encourage Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities to apply. Park Construction intends to make reasonable accommodations for qualified job applicants and employees with disabilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.